Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Shopping in the snooty stores.

Jeans: LOFT clearance
Tshirt: College tee
Jacket: Gap outlet
Shoes: Target
Bangles/watch: canton
Scarf: ON

Today my mom and I went browsing at some higher end stores in Dallas. For inspiration purposes only.
Let me tell you the conversation we have at least twice in every store.
H: MOM come here, look how cute this is. But it is (insert outrageous price) and I could SO make it.
M: Write it down so you remember. Should we buy one to see how it is made?
H: No, if I was going to buy something it would be this (points at outrageously priced item #2)!
M(who starts feeling sorry for me because I cant buy the stuff I love): Do you want me to buy it for you, go ahead and get it.
H: nahhh my readers would be so disappointed.
AND scene.
That last line was a joke. I dont walk around openly talking about "my readers" because A. It sounds a little pompous. and B)I like to keep this thing secret for the most part because it is so weird to explain and C) because I'm pretty sure y'all wouldn't even notice my splurge.
While you re here...
Because PS we saw an IDENTICAL pair of earrings to those with a $44 price tag. And I then patted myself on the back for being ahead of the craft curve for once.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Very funny. Have the same conversations with my friends...why buy something when you can make it for half the price?
Pheobe~pballoonjournal2.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

I'm the same way.. get inspiration from the expensive stuff then try to make something similar! So much cooler when you can make something or refashion something totally unique :)

Rebecca said...

oo girl i like your style! such a cute outfit. that jacket is awesome!!

rebeccawithanR

Una said...

i like your jacket!! :)

Sweet Pea said...

I don't like to talk about my blog that much either. My face goes totally red when my sister or a close friend brings it up :)

Abby said...

I've done pretty much the exact same thing SO many times, love it! hahaha :)

Bekah McDuffie said...

just clicked over on your blog from linley's... i love it!
you're so cute and i love your style!
looking forward to your future posts!!

matters of merrymaking

Human Sparkler ♥ said...

I just love the color of your scarf! Anddd I have been looking for a pair of sandals that look just like that! i LOVE THEM!
-Katie


http://www.fashionsparklers.blogspot.com

Shy said...

You have the most gorgeous hair!! I want mine to look like that! Also those shoes make me really really want to drive the 12 hours to the nearest target...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. It made my day! :)

Shy