Sunday, May 1, 2011

Two steps forward or one step back.


Today our weather decided to go back to February. We also had a send of breakfast for the seniors at my church, and with all the talk about the upcoming year I found myself standing on the edge of my high school experience. I felt like being like the weather and rewinding time for a little while and hoping no one notices.
One of my favorite quotes is
"Faith is trusting you will be given solid groud to stand on or taught to fly." Well, I have a feeling that I have been getting flight lessons all this time while on solid ground, from that amazing woman up there, from my mother, from her dear friends, from my dear friends, from older girls who have flown before me, and from my savior who flies before me and with me always. So what am I scared about? I have a feeling I should be alot more terrified after the next graduation.  What are your experiences with graduations?





and PS. Shoes for walking the stage, have to be black closed toed. I would prefer heeled for vanity but would like to be able to walk confidently and not tumble across the stage. any ideas?


10 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm graduating from college in 5 days and I'm freaking out! High school graduation was fun and exciting, at least for me, but college graduation is nerve-wracking!

As far as your PS goes, I'm wondering the same thing! I got these awesome pair of Lauren Conrad black platform pumps from Kohls... and I'm debating whether I should wear them in case disaster strikes as I walk across the stage or stick to something flat. But I just love those shoes and my gown comes down to my ankles, so I'd like the extra height!

Gentri said...

A wedge would be a great choice! That's what type of shoe I wore and came away unscathed. :) One with a little platform or strap would be very chic.

I loved my graduation. I almost skipped it and moved to FL two weeks before to start living my dream, but decided to wait. So glad I did! What a fantastic experience it was! I'm excited for you!! You did an amazing thing. :)

Jan said...

Ah this looks so nice to me!
I love that pink vest btw,
and the dress she's wearing!

Monique said...

I love the quote about faith!! It is my new favorite!! I only just found your blog but I already love love love it! Look forward to more posts!!

I am now following :)

Monique xx

http://misszuman.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

just found your blog today! So glad i did(: Your clothes are lovely!
oh- My name is hailey too :D

xoxo
-H.

http://hailoblog.blogspot.com

Logan said...

<3<3<3<3<3 love you. And your super pretty.

Oh and thanks to the person who liked my outfit haha.

Logan said...

<3<3<3<3<3 love you. And your super pretty.

Oh and thanks to the person who liked my outfit haha.

Logan said...

Wow you're* and I figured out I can post.

cryskay said...

i love this post! it allowed me to think back to my high school days. i miss it sometimes but love where my life has lead me now. xx

Ella B said...

High school is very familiar, and although I don't finish until November I am still a little scared and a lot excited for Uni. It will be wierd not knowing all the ropes.