Skirt: PINK by vs
Jacket: GAP outlet
Skirt: LOFT
Tights: ?
Necklace: Gmas
Boots: thrifted
Socks: target
There is a serious issue I feel I have to bring up here. Although I am sure none of you fab lovelies suffer from this I have seen many young women with severe confusion of tights/leggings/jeggings.
TIGHTS: tights are quite sheer often and are meant to be worn with dresses. NOT as pants or leggings.
(see below) They are to be worn with dresses that do COVER your bum. If anything they make a slightly short dress appropriate but they arent miracle workers.
BAD lindsey, GOOD Blair.
LEGGINGS: Leggings are what little Miss Lohan should have worn. They are less sheer and are to be worn with longer shirts/ tunics. Again your bum is covered. BECAUSE often times they are cotton so when it is streatched it is sheer and they are very form fitting, too form fitting to be worn alone.
Bad Olivia, GOOD lauren!
JEGGINGS: Have the coverage of a jean with the fit and feel of a legging. Not to be confused with tights painted as jeans. So close to jeans you would not ever wear under skirt/dress. All of the pairs I have have pockets like a normal jean but just have an elastic waist. GOOD JOB LADIES!
This was your public style announcement from Cheapgirlchicworld. I couldnt help but feel sorry for the girls who are chuckled at for thinking they were looking cute all the while exposed.
Am I being too modest or do yall agree?







19 comments:
I totally agree with you! Great post! Rear coverage is essential. And Lindsay Lohan is just a walking mess. Sheesh, poor girl.
XO, Katie
thank you for this post! so true!
COMPLETELY AGREE!! Awesome post!
I definitely agree with you on this topic! i hate seeing girls just wearing leggings! it looks ridiculous! if worn with something that covers them then i love the look :) great post x
so agree with you here.
Amen sistah! Preach it.
Agree! Oh me and caught on camera too!
aaaaaah! i did a post JUST like this a few weeks back! agree 100%!!!!! leggings are NOT pants!!! :D
AGREE!! :) :) I'm always so paranoid about my bum. Underwear shot anyone?? p.s. I love me some jeggings. sooo comfy!
You had me scared there for a minute with that picture of Cameron Diaz - I thought she was a no for a minute and I was thinking I didn't have my bottom etiquette down.
I love this -- leggings as pants is definitely a fashion crime!
Bravo on this post!!! I was confused a few months ago when I started seeing teens at the mall sporting leggings with really short tops. I mean, they probably didn't mean to, but they were showing more than what was appropriate especially for underage kids. :)Jeggings are so cool.
Books and Looks
I completely agree with you.
Tights are NOT pants.
http://www.tightsarenotpants.com/
So glad you ladies agree!
I love that you felt passionate enough to post this...someone needs to break the news to some girls.
Thank you so much for the PSA. It drives me insane that girls don't realize that tights do not stand in for pants.
I completely agree and have wanted to post on this for some time now. Glad you did it here and so well! Thanks!
Lindsay Living
Thanks for the PSA, it was most definitely needed. I'm really sick of the girls who wear tights as leggings...does anyone remember pants? Anyone? Bueller?
Post a Comment