Sweater: Old Navy
Tank: Gap outlet
Scarf: Old Navy
Jeans: XXI
Boots: thrifted
So one of my favorite parts of Marie Claire was their beauty roadshow seen below.
Basically they go to a city and interview all sorts of women about what they love about themselves. I always found it so inspiring, because they always chose confident women that loved something about themselves that was unique. You see, this really hit home for me because my natural hair makes me stand out. and for the longest time I begged it and tried to force it to be straight, to no avail. I usually ended up with some sort of awkwardness in between. I eventually had to let go of what I wanted my hair to be and just embrace what it was. And not only did I find that it looked way better, but it fit ME even though it was different from all the other girls. Now it is my favorite accessory. Now I get asked in the streets about it. Now I dont spend 45 minutes under the heat of a blowdryer in the mornings. Now I have other girls tell me to NEVER straighten it. and I'm cool with that. I feel I truely found the beauty in not being a replica.
So If Marie Claire were to catch me on a shopping trip I would answer confidently my wavy hair, and give them a hair flip that would give JB a run for his money.
SO heres where yall come in....
For a feature I will put up very soon I want EVERY single one of you HOT HOT ladies to tell me what you LOVE about yourself.
Now is not the time to be shy or modest FLAUNT IT.
PLEASE! HERES HOW!
- If you have a blogger account I can get get a picture from there or you can link to a post.
- If you dont, that isnt an excuse. EMAIL ME : cheapgirlchicworld@yahoo.com and tell me what is wonderful about you.
- If you want to, feel free to invite all of your blogger friends!
And im really hoping yall are into this because I dont even think my hair confidence will help me get over that blow...

12 comments:
i think we have had the exact same hair stories haha. however, i still straighten mine mostly just to control it easier x
i love my goofiness! i have my moments where i feel really stupid for being so silly, but it's fun! and it's who i am . . . i used to be self conscious about it and try to be "cool," but once i stopped doing that i became so much happier!
and your hair IS beautiful! i have stick straight hair & always wanted curls. you always want what you can't have! :)
-suzanne
http://www.awkwardlychic.com
http://www.awkwardlychic.com/2011/02/unexpected-delight.html
First, I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to respond. Lately I've been pulling my photos into Photoshop and applying an action on them. Then I put them together in Illustrator.
Second. You're too cute! I'm loving your outfits! I wish I had more time to blog-stalk! :)
Cute outfit. I love the blues matched together!
http://fashioncuriouscait.blogspot.com
such a CUTE idea! I love my motivation to succeed... I also love that I go out of my way to make other people happy, and am happy in return!
gorgeous blue scarf on you! and i always wanted curly/wavy hair...so badly--you're lucky! ;)
Your hair is gorgeous! Great idea for a feature :)
Your hair is amazing! I have curly hair too and I love it and only straighten it for fun sometimes.
I love my determination and confidence.
I love this feature in Marie Claire! You have pretty, thick hair. Mine's SOOO straight and unfun.
My favorite feature about myself is my smile. I'm a pretty smilely girl, and I'm always in red lipstick to make it stick out!
Yay us!
xoxo
Tierney
RubyWooLovesYou.com
this sounds super fun!
I love that (most) everyone posted something that wasn't cocky. But I have to admit...I love my little waist! I love that no matter how large the rest of me gets, my waist stays slim....
http://bredujour.blogspot.com
The blue, blue and cognac totally rock here but most of all I love your ankle snap in that first picture.
Post a Comment