Tuesday, April 12, 2011

EBEW The Maxi Skirt...I Tried...

Jacket: Levis
Tank: Gap outlet
Skirt: Thrifted
Shoes: JCP


This look, it's just a no go for me. I feel like it widens and shortens me. But just for you ladies I went against my better judgement and turns out my gut was right. But Im okay with that, because I really think that is what style is. Taking all the trends that are out there and collecting the ones that you love and look good on you. Style to me isnt found on runways, thats fashion. Style is found worn on everyday women. Do you agree? No?... Let me go cry into the pillows I am going to make out of this (silk) skirt.




Maxi Skirt/Dress | Everybody, Everywear

19 comments:

Natalia Lynn said...

I think it is cute! You look great!

Love at First Shoe said...

Love it!! I like the dark denim with this color! I did a jean jacket with my maxi as well :)

Katelyn said...

I think it looks great on you! You're right about personal style though...if it doesn't feel like 'you,' it's not worth being trendy!

Bre said...

I think you look adorable! Very well said with the style vs. fashion. I hear by agree.
Cheers,
Bre

Katie Dodd said...

i think it looks great! i totally agree with the runway v fashion idea. and good for you for trying it anyway! however, i think you totally made it work for you, with the untucked, loose white t and jean jacket - making it easy and relaxed and then some vavoom with the heels! me gusta. work it girl.

Amy Z. said...

I LOVE the colors and your shoes in this outfit! It's so earthy and bohemian. And I think you look great!

Gentri said...

I think it looks super cute! But I can understand just not feeling like a trend was made for you. :)

ash said...

i disagree with you!! before i read this post i saw your outfit and instantly thought "i really like how low key and casual she made the maxi skirt look" so don't make pillows out of the skirt yet!! one more try :)

-aaez

Nikki Mortham said...

That is the perfect little denim jacket! It is so hard to find one that fits just right... Super cute!
nikki

Brittney said...

i love the earthiness of your look here, what with the green skirt and caramel sandals and denim. i think you look great, personally, but i know what you mean about figuring out your own style based on your own body. buuuut...cuteness!
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (my daily outfit blog)

Anonymous said...

I love the pairing of a denim jacket with a maxi. Too cute on you! I am very short, so I choose a maxi that has a more fitted or straight cut design. Keep trying, you'll find one that you like.

Ramsey said...

You seriously have the best thrift finds! Take me with you?

Bekah McDuffie said...

I like this dress a lot! I love the choice of shoes, and I agree on everyone who chimed in with "bohemian"... But I agree with you, that I don't run out and buy every trend and rock them!

I think you look lovely though!!! :)

Savannah said...

Oh my goodness I'm in love with this whole look! Amazing! You are too cute.

savannah-joyofliving.blogspot.com

Kathryn said...

That is such a great thrifted skirt! I agree with you about style being found on everyday people.

K said...

I know what you mean! I tried, but failed to pull off the maxi skirt. Oh well, it just wasn't meant to be :)

BTW, love your leather cuff!

From Suns To Moons said...

I think you are being a little hard on yourself, but then again, so would I (which is why I've worn the maxi trend only once: on my prom night). I do think that knowing what doesn't work for one's body is a sign of decisiveness and maturity - both great attributes! I, for example, look like a clown with lipstick on, but I'm okay with that. No sighs here.

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

Cute! I´m looking for a jeans jacket just like that!
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

P.S: I´m having a 100$ beauty giveaway for Chanel, YSL... products. I thought you might be interested! ;)

Anonymous said...

I've been there. Sometimes things don't work for everyone. For what it is worth - I think you look great. Maybe a different fabric, with a different way of falling might have made you feel more comfortable.
Thanks for joining us at EBEW!